Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald

Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald
Hello!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Camping!




Well Camping came and went. I can't believe how fast 3 nights went. I can't believe it rained either! ha ha Oh well I guess that's just how it goes with nature. It has been so nice here. The first night was actually hot! I don't think I have ever camped with a night being so warm! It was great. And I think I actually talked myself into thinking the weather forecast would be dead wrong. But I was wrong. Very wrong. I think about 5 mins after we went to sleep it started raining. I mean pouring buckets. I know it always sounds worse from inside...but I was pretty sure we were in for a very wet night! Not to mention the people who came to the campgrounds very late...kept everyone up and then got kicked out. I know I can be loud, especially when I am having fun with friends and being silly. But WOW....I can't imagine being so rude to a bunch of other people. They got kicked out and we all were able to sink back into the sounds of nature...errr I mean rain. Which is nature..ha ha you know what we mean.

Camping was fun. I got to finally have my s'mores...even though there was a burn ban. I have a new love and affection towards my BBQ. :) Hee hee it was one of the best things we had with us.

Wes and I had a few friends with us. Alaina came up from LA for a few days and was talked into going camping! :) It was so great to have her here. I can't express how good it was to have a friend here. I miss having friends. I mean people who really know me....not people that I have known for less than a year. Well you know what I mean! :) I have friends here...just not like Alaina! Wes and I did not want her to leave! We wanted to keep her!

Jeff Harger also joined our group! He was fun to have a long and proved to be handy! He also brought the game of Risk with him. It can be a fun game...and it was...but I just forgot how long it can take! ha ha But it was fun to play it again after so many years.

We had a few other people stop in for a night or some food. It was a good time for sure. It was nice to get away. I am so thankful for good friends and tarps! Wes made sure we had a tarp over head and Jeff brought a gazebo type thing. We were ready for anything.

I just need to learn to pack less food/and stuff. I must think that everyone eats like Wes! :) At least no one went hungry! :)

Thanks for everyone who came and laughed with us....and maybe at us! :) It was a much needed weekend for me. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Love the new pic of you & Wes. And the camping pics.. even tho I looked hilarious. It was nice not having mirrors around to see how dirty and dishelveled we were. :)

    I had such a good time and am so glad we went camping- rain and all! I wish I could have stayed longer. I miss you guys!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a wonderful time too and thanks for having me, can't wait to do it again!

    You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for camping! I'm going to spend a couple days in Seaside/Cannon Beach Oregon camping on my way up. I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete