Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald

Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald
Hello!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Kelly


Well this year has been a big year for my sister. She had her first baby back in Feb! I can't believe how fast time has gone....he is growing so fast. Kaiden is a little flirt already! I have 2 cousins that met up with my Dad down in Oz. Kaiden loves them already. I guess he LOVES girls! I'm sure that is a normal thing for babies...but he is the first in the family so we are just learning and watching all the new things! I'm not really watching, but rather hearing and seeing on Skype occasionally. I love Skype. I can't believe how much I love it. My sister and I haven't often lived apart for too long so it has been the best thing invented next to the wheel.

The year has also proved to be a pretty hard and stressful year for Kelly. As you know she was diagnosed with "Steve". I can't believe the news still...and I don't know if I ever well. Kelly is so strong. She is handling it all with beauty and grace. She has an amazing support system down in Oz. I am so thankful for that. She also has a God that loves her very much and is her healer. I have to say this has been a time of stretching and renewing and defining I think all of our faiths. It's unfortunate that it takes something like "steve" to make us all realize we have become like passing ships in the night.

Kelly is my baby sister. But she is far from being a baby. She has always had such a maturity about her. She is leveled headed where I loose my cool... :) She is my best friend, sounding board, shoulder to cry on, advice giver, voice of reason, and someone to laugh with. She is barbie. I know she doesn't see it but that's how I describe her to people! I love her very much. She is a true inspiration to me and to many others!

Please keep praying for her. She needs to put on some extra pounds in the next week for the surgery. She will be in surgery for 9 hours next Tuesday. Then she will be in the hospital up to 2 weeks for recovery. Please pray this time goes fast, good nurses and doctors, speedy recovery, and all the CANCER has been removed. Kelly will also have to do radiation treatment for 5-6 weeks for 5 days a week. Please pray for peace, patience, joy, healing, and endurance. I know this will be a hard time for her being without Kaiden. She needs all the support she can get. Thanks in advance for praying and any encouraging words you may have for her.

I love you baby sister!

Love you all.
Kate

2 comments: