Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald

Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald
Hello!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Are you looking at me?? Is my zipper down!?

Do you ever go in a store and you feel like everyone is looking at you? Wes and I went into Starbucks tonight and I felt like everyone was staring at us....Now let me paint a picture of what we look like. I am in black workout pants and a Tshirt that has a hole in the arm pit. Wes has a black Tshirt and shorts on. He has dirt on his face from work. We are both wearing hats. I didn't think we looked funny or like hobo's. But it was almost creepy how people were looking at us. Maybe I'm being paranoid because I had a hole in my arm pit and Wes had dirt on his face. Maybe they weren't looking at me at all...but I could see the whites of their eyes and it made me nervous. I couldn't even smile. It was one of the those feelings of having toilet paper on my shoe, or having my zipper down. Which I have had my zipper down before. It was very embarrassing. I had new jeans on...and thought I looked really good. I got out my car and started walking towards the food court at the Bellis Fair Mall to meet my friends. As I was walking this Mom and Daughter walked by me. I smiled and they looked at me in horror. They didn't tell me my zipper was down. They just huddle closer together and looked away. I was confused. Usually my smile doesn't make people cringe. I finally figured it out that my zipper was down. I mean really down. These pants made the zipper hole spread. Thankfully I figured it out before I got to the doors of the mall before the mall saw my underwear!

I have become so paranoid when I leave a public bathroom that I will have toilet paper on my shoes. This has never happened to me. But for some reason I FEAR this. I kick my heels up and look at each foot before I leave. Sometimes the other ladies see me...and yeah its a little awkward. If they look at me I usually shout "I'm just checking for toilet paper" before I run out the door. I don't know why this is such a fear. I fear this but some days I could care less if my hair is looking like I just went through a wind storm. I guess we all have the little things that make us crazy. I feel like I have more than a few....hee hee

I know this post is more random then normal. But that is just how my brain works!
:)

10 comments:

  1. Your randomness is one of my favorite things about you. :) Heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. this blog made me laugh out loud when i was reading it. you watched me read it, so you know! i like your blogs its cute. its a side of you i dont get to see as much as i would like. your story about the zipper reminds me of when i ripped my shorts all the way from the waist band right down around and up to my crotch... no wonder it was so breezy! didnt know untill i got into the mall! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up. You'd think you'd be paranoid about your zipper being down when you come out of the bathroom, not the tp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha I totally walked out of the stall with toilet paper on my shoe before! It was at the Royal in Bham maybe two years ago! I was all dressed up with heels on and well luckily before I left to hit the dance floor some girl from HS was nice enough to let me know :)
    -J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's too funny! Glad she helped you out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once when I got my hair cut in Bellingham years and years ago I went to use the bathroom in the middle of the cut and when I got to the bathroom I realized with horror that my skirt had been tucked into my underwear. Everyone in the hair salon saw it. I didn't want to come out of the bathroom. To this day (and this was like 6 years ago) I am so paranoid when I wear skirts and constantly am checking to make sure it is covering my butt. I wonder if I will ever get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Tara! Atleast you had undies on! :) Yeah I worry about that one too....I can't believe no one told you! Was that at Mia Max?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was recently in a restaurant and walked out of the bathroom with my skirt tucked into my underwear. Thankfully I realized it before I got back to my table (it was a long table of a dinner party full of people I had just met), but I'm pretty sure a bunch of folks on the wait staff saw my behind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and just this past weekend in Scotland I was on a train, and the lock button somehow wasn't working on the bathroom. I got walked in on by not one but TWO people! One was an old man! Ha ha! They had a good sense of humor about it, but it was pretty awkward, as you can't just close the door immediately but have to push a button and wait for it to close back...while sitting there exposed on the toilet.

    ReplyDelete