Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald

Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald
Hello!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Well hello :)

Oh my....I never thought I would write a blog...I don't even know if I will write more then this. Just thought I would give it a try.

When do you stop being a newlywed...and start being married? I'm happy to be called a newlywed for a long time. I'm in no rush! :) I like the sound of it! We will be married at the end of Sep for one year. I'm happy to hit the year mark, but a little sad in knowing another year has zoomed by. This has been a strange year to say the least. It has been great in many ways...and very challenging in others. Marriage for the most part has been good. My health has been up and down(nothing too major). But that was a big strain on the marriage for a few months there! My hormones were all over the place. Getting prayer and taking some supplements have helped me get back on track!

Getting married was awesome....moving to a new country...eh not so awesome, YET! I am hopeful that it will be a good thing. My family is scattered and so are my friends....and even the small amount of friends I do have left in the area can't be bothered to cross the border. I guess since I have been crossing so often in the past 3 years it doesn't seem to phase me...but I know it can be a hassle. So I am left with a balance of not leaning on my husband for everything. I know I need to be leaning on God in all I do....but sometimes I just want to complain and have my own pity party. But in the end I know that is no way to live and I NEED GOD in all areas.

Wes works full time plus...his schedule has been all over the place. So trying to get into a steady routine is a challenge. I am left on my own most days of the week....and then the weekend comes and I need to share my Hubby. He needs time with his friends, family,hobbies or whatever he wants to do...and sometimes that means I am home alone again. I'm trying hard to think of things to do...I am finding up here I am having a hard time getting out of my comfort zone. I hope that things will be better and I will find more peace and freedom when my paper work is accepted. I'm not asking for the world...just to be acknowledge by the Canadian government that I am accepted to be here! I would like to get on my life. Ah maybe I think I will be able to get on with my life...and I should just go on... Here is the problem I am a rule follower (most of the time) to almost a fault. I don't want to drive with out a license....I don't want to work without my work visa and so on....so I'm not sure what to do with my time! Some days are good creative days....and others are in the TV zone.

Well that's it for now. Talk to you laters! :)

13 comments:

  1. Yay for the blog! Seeing it pretty much made my day, so, you pretty much have to write more. Pretty much. Yep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I got lots to say! :) I'm just happy you are my follower! :)YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you have a blog! You should definitely keep it updated!!! And I'm more than willing to cross the border - I do it all the freaking time!!!! We should hang out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love it Kate. :) It's funny cause I was just thinking yesterday that I haven't written on my blog in soooo long and that I should. It's hard to get my thoughts out there. But you may have just inspired me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Nickie! I would love to hangout soon. We should do coffee! :)

    Alaina! You have a blog?? Wow I need to get with it! I wanna read it! Glad you have been inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so look forward to knowing you better Kate. You
    seem just as Glen has said, "A kindred Spirit." If you two ever want to skip town, come and stay
    with us. We can have marshmallow gun fights (good
    for the marriage) and go walking in the neighborhood, and see the town...Keep in touch
    Miss Kate.

    -Sylvia Smith
    pses_smith@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sylvia! One day I would love to skip town down your way! :) Will be in touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Kate loved reading your blog, also I get to know my second cousins side.. If you ever come my way look me up or if I come your way I will look you up. Please email me you address and phone number..

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should see if you can find under the table jobs on craigslist :)

    I'm glad you have a blog! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there future Canuck!
    I can totally relate to your story! I tried so hard to get a work permit, but NOooooo... I'm an American and unworthy!

    Hopefully, things will work out well for you. Since you are a rule follower (a primary Canadian trait), you are probably on top of all the hoops you have to jump through. I predict complete success!

    I can also relate to the isolation. It's tough for sure. I was lucky enough to have a dog and go on awesome walks. Got a dog??! ;)

    Great blog, kid, you have a gift and God will take you to exactly where you need to be! You rock!

    --that aunt in Texas, me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha Amanda! :)

    Thanks Auntie B! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like this....this is good, real good! as others have been saying....please write more :)

    ReplyDelete