Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald

Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald
Hello!

Monday, July 5, 2010

to be blunt or not to be.....that is the question.

Ah the weekend is over. Monday is here...laundry day is here! Oh I don't mind washing and drying..but I really don't like folding and putting away...you think one would like to complete and finish the job! :) Not me....

I have a thought or a question...how do you handle a situation when a person is not really a friend...but a little more than an acquaintance, and you keep saying we should hangout but you never do. They constantly have an excuse, and when you do make plans they break them. Do you keep trying? Do you keep asking? Or like I did say "I would say we should hangout, but you are so busy....". Is that wrong? I just don't want to waste time on people who just say lets hangout but never do. I know we all do it from time to time. Life is busy. I am guilty of doing that to people too. Wouldn't it be better if we just said "Hey I would love to hang out, but I don't have time so we probably won't...you seem like a nice person, but I don't care that much to include you in my life". I can't say I would feel very secure in my "new friend making skills", but would I feel less slighted when not included or stood up?

Making new friends is hard. I don't want to be too quick to close the door on this person...but really when is it enough? I love meeting new people, I have meet many walks of life and have made a few life friends along the way. This new chapter in my life is proving very hard to make new friends. I know it takes time....but come on! I have made many new acquaintances. Guess we will just have to see how many bloom into friendships. :) I am hopeful. And maybe I will just keep trying and put my perfectionist side to rest and learn how to go with the flow a little better.

5 comments:

  1. Again, MAN! Can I relate! LOL -- actually, LOLCI (laughing out loud crying inside)!

    You are much more tactful than I am. I usually say things like: "Yeah, HYPOTHETICALLY that sounds great doesn't it? Call me when your feet touch reality long enough for you to actually show up..."

    I think it is entirely fair and fairly tactful to ask for clarification-- "What does that mean?" and "Why do you always cancel?"

    Long story short, they aren't your friend. Move on and stick with those who live up to their word. You are way too cool to worry about losers like them!

    AB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee thanks. Wes was there when it happened...and was like you sure don't have to guess how you feel! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend Jeanette on FB had some sage advice, very on point!

    I'll have to try and keep her thoughts in mind! I have a hard time making friends here in Austin. It sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah she is a smart lady! We are both from Blaine, married to Canadians! We all know how it feels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kate,

    I sent you an email at your dontgotmail account... I couldn't remember what your gmail account was! Anyways, check that account, or email me to let me know what your gmail is. My address is nickiesnyder (at) gmail.

    ReplyDelete