Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald

Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald
Hello!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Crankysours

When I'm old will I care about who parks in front of my house? Will I be mean and crazy and complain about the smallest things? Will I threaten to slash tires or call the towing company? Will I be unfriendly to the young people who live in my neighborhood? Will I take the dog for a walk around their car and have him poop all around it? I sure hope not. These questions are what Wes and I have been living with in our neighborhood. There is no love or compassion for each other. The neighborhood looks fresh, friendly, inviting and clean....Kids run free like gazelles and basketball hoops line the street. Inside the house with the manured lawn live Crankysours. I know that isn't a real word but it describes them. I can't say I have ever lived in such a hostile neighborhood. I have had some pretty interesting neighbors...but not just MEAN. I don't understand why parking in front of someones house every once in a while can make someone so mad. Maybe I will understand when I am a homeowner. If I was the only house on the block I might be mad. But really...how can we get so mad and uptight over parking....you don't own the street. I can legally park there all I want. But I can't. I don't want to stir the pot. I don't want make things bad for my landlord....so we are being bullied in our own neighborhood. We aren't loud, we are polite, say hello, don't throw loud parties, don't come home at all hours of the night. I know we aren't the only renters on the block...but really you are making the nice ones feel bad...and we might move because of it. Next renters might be drug dealers that really don't care...I hate feeling like I've done something wrong. I hate feeling like people don't like me because I am "just a renter". Life is too short to worry about such stupid things.

5 comments:

  1. :( Boo crankysours! I say you should poop on their lawn. Heehee.. Okay, maybe not.. but it would be kinda funny.. well and gross. I pray they will be able to see how awful they're being and how awesome you are. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. its all good i am slowly being able to say with full confidence that the vengeance of the lord is way worse than anything i could ever do. lightning anyone? just try him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so lame! We are lucky here in our apartment that all of our neighbors seem really nice and mellow, but I've totally lived places where it was really uncomfortable because of the "crankysours" on the block (I love that word!) I'm sorry your neighborhood is so passive aggressive. And no, I don't think you will ever be that way, my lovely lady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha thanks Tara! I'm glad you live in a nice neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete