Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald

Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald
Hello!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Moving time!

Hello all! :) So Wes and I will be moving! Woohoo! I really like the place where we live...but its just a little too small, and the neighborhood is full of a bunch of meanies! I guess it is that time in life to make a move to a bigger place. One year is closing in fast on marriage! We are moving to White Rock. A one bedroom suite about a block from the beach! I'm very excited to be close to the beach again. And very excited to have off street parking and a bedroom!

I hate packing. I'm sure the majority of people out there hate it too! But my nomad blood has moved me more times than I would like to remember. Now being married I have to pack for 2 people. BARF me with a spoon. I don't mind packing if I have a ton of time. We can move in this weekend...I already started packing about a month ago..but now its all the loose ends I have to pack up. I hate shuffling around stuff! It's amazing how much junk you own and don't do anything with but refuse to part with, with the hopes of using it one day! I'm not even going to think about all the stuff I have in storage. What a pain! I don't look forward to sorting that out at all.

I wonder when Wes and I finally settle down in a home will we ever move again? I know we both dream of adventure in far away places. But will the hatred of packing keep us grounded? Only time will tell!

4 comments:

  1. Cool- I'm excited for you! I hate packing too. Even for vacations. Boo!

    Yay for no more meanies! I pray your new neighbors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packing is horrid. And we tend to get rid of stuff rather than hold on to it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the joys of packing and moving. I am about to experience these myself in a few weeks! Yikes. We definitely do have nomad blood.

    Your use of the phrase "gag me with a spoon" struck a flash of time traveling splendor, sending me back into the early 90s. It felt like I was a kid listening to some super cool teenagers like you and Maria, saying super cool teenager things. Ha ha!

    Excited to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw i love the photo of you and wes at the top of your page - you guys look so cute.

    ReplyDelete