Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald

Mr. & Mrs. MacDonald
Hello!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Burn Ban!

I can't believe Monday is here already. Some weeks I feel like I'm in the movie Ground Hog Day! The time if flying by in this life! I really can't believe August is here already. I am so happy to see the sun out..but I can't help but think winter rain is right around the corner. I shudder at the thought. Almost every night lately I have been wanting to put up the tent and sleep outside...yes in the backyard! It's so wonderfully inviting out there...crisp cool sleepy air! The real kind of camping is coming soon. Camping is coming but so is a threat of BURN BAN! WHAT?? How can you camp without a fire?? I know in the state parks in the states it is up to the state rather you have a fire or not even with a burn ban. So I wonder if that rule is in the Canadian parks as well? We are planning on bringing our BBQ...but I can't imagine just sitting around a non fire. BOO!

I guess if there might be a fire ban then that should mean it is sunny! The lake will be nice for a dip! Wes and I went to Walmart late Friday night. We got a good deal on a cooler! We also looked in the air mattress section. We bought one...ha ha an $8.00 one. Its a twin. And it also can be used in the lake. So if it sucks to sleep on at least it might be fun in the lake or river. So far it has kept the air in it. I think tonight we might try it out. By "we" I mean one of us. Probably Wes..and I will stick to my thermarest! :) I would be very excited to sleep outside...NO FAN. I still hate the thing regardless of the wonder of air flow is creates! Well I'm off to dig out Wes' tent to air it out and get ready for a night in it! :)

4 comments:

  1. 80 dollars later she has the air mattress. a "roots" one none the less. it was normally 130 dollars. how do i get tricked intot these things. we are out to the back yard with it tonight. camping is coming... allright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my wonderfull wife deserves whatever she wants cause she has to put up with me. i also try to make sure if we buy stuff even if we have to wait for it, that i get her the best. try to is the key word however. to everyone.... goodnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to convince Alex we should set our tent up in the backyard too! It's a little more complicated with two kids, but you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah thanks my handsome hubby! :)
    Kathy do it! :) Its so nice and cool! :)

    ReplyDelete